6/03/2012

Word Wall Activities


I love playing around with the Word Wall at this time of the year. Making Your Word Wall More Interactive by Creative Teaching Press is filled with some great games and activities.  I know this sounds like a commercial, but honestly, this book has been one of my best purchases.

Last week we played Flip It Down! and the children just loved it. Great spelling practice!  And next week we'll try the Word Wall Memory activity.  You can always hear a pin drop in the room when they are working with a partner to try to remember as many words from the wall as possible.

There are independent, small group and whole group activities in the book. If you have a minute, check it out.  It's just perfect for this time of the year.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this resource book before. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I have this book on my shelf, but I haven't really read it. I'm definitely going to take a closer look at it now. Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I know this. Plus--where have you been? I've missed you!!

    ✰ Kimberley ✰
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim!

      I've been swimming upstream in the myriad of chores and "to-do's" that the end of the year entails. Just had to prioritize with my time. Busy!!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm always looking for new ideas for using my word wall. I'm going to have to check out this book! Thanks so much for your suggestion!

    Lisa

    Stories from Room 114

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds GREAT, Dee! My word wall activities are starting to bore me, so I'm going to check out this book. Thanks!!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!! I am your newest follower! I would love to have you stop by mine when you get a chance.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dee, My copy arrived yesterday! It looks really good. I think I'll try the "Flip It Down" activity you mentioned. Half my class is at the bike rodeo right now, so I'm "babysitting" the other half ... hence the blogging -- ha ha!

    Barb
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Great! I hope you find the activities as engaging and varied as my students do!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...